Sign up for our FREE newsletter today!
SIGN UP >
Rules and Regulations
Rules & Regulations
- Park Riding Hours Are 7:00am to 30 minutes before sunset
- All animals shall enter the park with a current negative coggins and current health certificate. Proof required upon registration.
- Always sign in and out at the Stables when arriving to ride here at Shelby Trails Park. This is for your safety and gives us a count for trail usage for future plans and funding.
- Park your horse trailer and vehicles in grass area out in front of the stables.
- Always ride with a partner. DO NOT RIDE ALONE for safety reasons. Please carry a cell phone in case of an emergency.
- Stay on mowed and /or marked trails in forested areas.
- DO NOT RIDE in hay fields or native grass areas.
- Watch for holes, dips and obstacles while riding.
- Water troughs are available at stables and Webb Road rest areas.
- Ride at a slow pace so you become familiar with the park and surroundings.
- Remember, Shelbyville-Shelby County Parks Board is not responsible for accidents or injury to you, your horse or personal property. State Recreation Law applies. This is a privilege to ride on park property. Do not abuse this privilege.
- Pets must always be on a leash of 6 feet or less and under physical control while in the park.
- No private individual is entitled to use the park for their own personal capital gain. (Charging others for trail riding or lessons on park property)
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.